Indonesia Full time English language teacher to adults, Jakarta
English Learning Institute – Jakarta, Indonesia
Position: Full time English language teacher to adults
Locations: Jakarta, Indonesia
Start date: Year round
We are looking for experienced, outgoing English teachers who can inspire our adult students to learn while ensuring they have a great time doing so.
Are you looking to develop your career in one of Asia’s most vibrant and exciting cities, working alongside an international team of teachers where every day at work you will be making a real difference?
We are a boutique language provider for adult students, with a dominant presence in Indonesia. Our innovative approach integrates the best of proven teaching approaches to provide the most effective English language education available for adults. Students listen, read, write, speak, and practice English under the tutelage of native English speaking teachers. The school is located in the capital city of Jakarta.
Students are typically 20 to 35 years old professionals, well educated and from a wide variety of backgrounds. They are motivated to learn English and recognise it as a skill essential for their career development. Levels range from beginner right through to advanced and all students are clearly placement tested to ensure they are studying alongside students of the same abilities.
Lessons are made up of a variety of teaching materials and are designed to be engaging and communicative. Teachers guide students through both controlled practice and authentic conversation activities. All the lesson materials are already in place, so minimal lesson planning is required.
Jakarta – The City
Jakarta is the capital of Indonesia; it is the most populous city in Indonesia. The weather in Jakarta is hot and humid all year round. The average temperature is from 24 to 32°C. The raining season is in January. Taxis are recommended for getting around in the city. It’s not expensive and sometimes faster.
• Bachelor’s degree in an English related subject (Education in English , TEFL, Linguistics or Literature)
• TEFL certificate
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand
• Outgoing, social personality
• Teach a variety of English classes to a range of abilities
• Ensure students learn in a engaging manner
• Excellent salary: starting at 20 million Rupiah (approx 2,000 USD) per month and higher for those with more experience/qualifications
• 16 days holidays + 15 days public holidays
• Flight allowance up to 2,000 USD (paid after 90 days)
• Contract renewal: 1,000 USD
• Contract completion bonus equal to 1 months’ salary
• Legal work visa provided
• On-going training and professional development
• Airport pick up
• 200 USD spending money is given on arrival
• 5 days free hotel at beginning of contract
• Full medical insurance
• Mobile phone credit for one week’s use
• Assistance finding accommodation
• Indonesian classes
• Career development opportunities worldwide
How to apply
Please apply through the expatseek portal by clicking on the Apply Now button. Please attach your
CV / Resume
Passport scan copy
Degree & TEFL certificates
University transcripts (Non-negotiable government requirement)